Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Shade Garden

I just realized that I haven't written anything about my Garden. I've been blessed with 2 balconies, one which faces North East and the other faces South East. I love it because I get to have a shade garden and a sunny garden for all the gorgeous annuals every year. My front balcony is like another room and because I live in a temperate climate I can use the patio for a very long time. I even have a little BBQ out there.

Because it’s a balcony then I have to do container gardening. I have all sorts of shade plants and they do really well. Each year I keep thinking that I’m done and I end up adding another plant or change a container or move things around. I can’t even imagine what I would do if I ever had to move. My plants would take up half the truck.

I find gardening very calming even though it can be a lot of hard work, especially the side balcony because I have to replace a lot of the plants each year. I even grew little tomatoes last summer. Who knew that 4 little plants would give me buckets of tomatoes. Needless to say, I gave a lot away to friends and neighbors.

I thought I would just show you some pictures of the front balcony. It’s completely covered so I can sit out there even if it’s pouring rain. I have Hostas, Ferns, Ivy, a small Japanese Maple tree, Bamboo and some smaller low light flowers. Begonias seem to do well out there.







I just realized this last picture shows the fountain when I have all the plugs and cords hidden. I also realized that I don't have a picture of my table out front. I have a large round glass table that I can sit at and just enjoy the view. I have a spotlight in the bamboo plant so it's very calming and peaceful at night. There's an oriental influence to the garden. Can you tell? I get a lot of inspiration from my garden and use the natural elements and color play in my jewelry pieces.


Find Unique Gemstone Bracelets, Earrings and Necklaces at Dizzygirl Jewelry.

Find books, toys, clothing, software, jewelry, beads, pottery and collectibles at the Circle of Stores.

No comments: